The Atomic and Molecular Data Unit manages several numerical and bibliographic databases for fusion and other plasma science research:
- AMBDAS: Atomic and Molecular Bibliographic Data System
- ALADDIN: Numerical database of collisional cross sections and plasma-material interaction data
- CascadesDB: Database of Molecular Dynamics simulations of collisional cascades
- Clerval: Database of institutions, people and events related to atomic and molecular data
ORNL "Red Book" Series: Atomic Data for Fusion
The Controlled Fusion Atomic Data Center (CFADC) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) produced a series of printed compilations of atomic data for fusion applications known as the "Red Books". Since its closure, scanned versions of some of these reports have been difficult to find – they are provided for download below as a convenience to the fusion data community.
- Volume 1: "Collisions of H, H2, He and Li Atoms and Ions with Atoms and Molecules" (pdf: 10.8 MB), C. F. Barnett (ed.), ORNL-6086 (1990)
- Volume 2: "Collisions of Electrons with Atoms and Molecules, J. W. Gallagher (ed.), ORNL-6087, 2nd ed., (1994)
- Volume 3: "Atomic Data for Fusion: Particle Interactions with Surfaces" (pdf: 11.4 MB), E. W. Thomas (ed.), ORNL-6088 (1985)
- Volume 4: "Spectroscopic Data for Iron" (pdf: 35.5 MB), W. L. Wiese (ed.), ORNL-6089 (1985)
- Volume 5: "Collisions of Carbon and Oxygen Ions with Electrons, H, H2 and He" (pdf: 25.9 MB), R. A. Phaneuf, R. K. Janev, and M. S. Pindzola (eds.), ORNL-6090 (1987)
- Volume 6: "Spectroscopic Data for Titanium, Chromium, and Nickel"